Here are those delicious pumpkin and Apple breakfast in bed recipes made for PIX 11’s Marissa Tomei.
Pumpkin Crescent Rolls
1 roll crescent rolls
1/2 cup canned pumpkin pie filling
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tbsp milk
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Combine pumpkin pie mix, egg yolk and pumpkin pie spice,.
- Unroll crescents and place 1 slightly heaping tablespoon of pumpkin pie mix on each crescent.
- Starting with the large end, roll the crescent over once and slightly pinch the sides to contain the
- filling. Continue rolling (a little filling might leak out, that’s ok). Place on a parchment paper lined
- pan. Transfer to oven and bake 10-12 minutes or until browned.
- Combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Place in a small plastic baggie.
- Let cool on the pan 10 minutes. Snip off a corner of the baggie and drizzle the glaze over the
- crescents. Serve warm.
Fried Jerk Chicken & Apple Belgian Waffles
3 boneless chicken breast cutlets, cut into 1 inch tenders
2 tbsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp ground allspice
2 tbsp ginger powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cumin
2 tbsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp onion chips
2 cups flour
2-3 cups panko bread crumbs
2 large eggs
vegetable oil for frying
Transfer chicken to a large bowl.
In a small bowl combine the next 11 seasoning ingredients to create jerk rub. Season chicken with rub.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk eggs until beaten. In another medium bowl add flour. In another medium bowl add bread crumbs.
In batches of 3, dredge seasoned chicken tenders in the flour. Coat well then dip into egg mixture. (Dip quickly so as to not wash off all chicken seasonings.) Then dredge cutlet in the bread crumbs, slightly pressing so that crumbs adhere. Repeat with remaining tenders and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil. Working in 2 batches, fry the chicken over moderately high heat, turning once, until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.
Transfer chicken to a paper towel to drain excess oil. Serve warm with waffle and apple compote.
Apple Belgian Waffles
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsps baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 cup milk
4 tbsp melter butter
1 cup apple, peeled, cored and cubed
Sift flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and sugar together.
Separate eggs. Beat egg yolks. Add milk and melted butter. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Beat until smooth. Add apples. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.
Grease waffle iron with butter cooking spray. Using a ladle, pour one spoon of batter onto grill. Bake until golden brown.