Latin-Caribbean Chicken Fricassee
Season chicken with adobo, black pepper, salt, oregano and Sazon seasoning in a large bowl.
Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pot in batches and lightly brown. Return all chicken to pot. Add garlic, onion, tomatoes, pepper, bay leaves and 2 cups water. Reduce heat to medium, cover and allow to cook for 20 minutes. Stir in potatoes, peas and cilantro. Add additional 1/2 cup water if needed. Cover and simmer until potatoes are cooked through.
Serve warm with white or yellow rice.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6-8 chicken thighs, skin removed and halved
- 1 tbsp adobo seasoning
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves only
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Sazon seasoning packet
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil