It was all about Pumpkin and Apples this morning on Good Day DC! Check out the yummy breakfast recipes shared now!
Pumpkin Apple Yogurt Parfaits
- 4 cups (15 oz each) pumpkin puree
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- Greek plain yogurt
- granola for topping
- Place apples in a food processor; pulse until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Add
- pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, almond milk and sugar; mix well to combine.
- Layer pumpkin mixture and yogurt into glasses. Sprinkle with granola and serve.
Pumpkin & Apple Pie Crescents
1 roll crescent rolls
1/2 cup canned pumpkin pie filling
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tbsp milk
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Combine pumpkin pie mix, egg yolk and pumpkin pie spice,.
- Unroll crescents and place 1 slightly heaping tablespoon of pumpkin pie mix on each crescent.
- Starting with the large end, roll the crescent over once and slightly pinch the sides to contain the
- filling. Continue rolling (a little filling might leak out, that’s ok). Place on a parchment paper lined
- pan. Transfer to oven and bake 10-12 minutes or until browned.
- Combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Place in a small plastic baggie.
- Let cool on the pan 10 minutes. Snip off a corner of the baggie and drizzle the glaze over the
- crescents. Serve warm.
1 can crescent rolls
1-2 green apples
1 cup butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Heat oven to 350° F. Spray 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
Separate crescent rolls to make 8 triangles. Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices. Place 1 apple slice on shortest side of each dough triangle. Starting with shortest side of triangle, roll to opposite point enclosing apple slice; arrange in pan. In medium bowl, stir together melted butter, sugar and cinnamon. Brush mixture evenly over dumplings. Transfer to oven and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and thoroughly baked. Remove from oven to cooling rack. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Pumpkin Apple French Toast
- 7 cups cubed french bread or sourdough
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup (plus more for topping)
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅔ cup finely diced peeled and cored apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- Grease a 9×13 inch pan. Toss in cubed bread. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, syrup,
- and 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice. Pour over top of bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the apple streusel topping: mix together brown sugar, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon,
- apples, walnuts, and butter. Mix until moistened. Drop apple streusel mix by the spoonful on top of
- the french toast. Spread around as evenly as possible.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is crusty and golden. Serve with warm
- maple syrup.
Brussels Sprouts, Pumpkin and Apple Hash (Quick Demo)
4 slices bacon
1 lb. brussels sprouts
1 small onion or shallot, sliced
2 cups chopped apples
2 cups pumpkin 1/2 inch chunks
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 tbsp chopped sage
2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
2 tbsp olive oli
salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet cook bacon until crispy. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Using same skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Sauté until fragrant (approx. 2 minutes). Stir in pumpkin and sprouts. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until pumpkin becomes tender (approx. 10-12 minutes). Stir in apples, cranberries and sage. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with vinegar.